Download a .pdf version of the call HERE.
The Communications Coordinator will play a central role in supporting programming and outreach at the 2021 Images Festival (April 15 - 21, 2021). This contract position supports all aspects of Images Festival’s communications and public outreach by overseeing relationships with media outlets, coordinating community outreach, and executing Images’ social media. Working under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Operations Director, the position is ultimately responsible for communicating the festival’s messaging and activities to our community at the local, national, and international levels.
● Publicize the Images Festival to a range of media outlets (print, radio, television, internet), securing a minimum of 25 pieces of coverage
● Execute Social Media output (FB, Twitter, Instagram); organize content, pics, links, articles, contests
● Support the 2021 Programming Collective by coordinating community outreach to culturally specific audiences, e.g. community partners accreditation, ticket giveaways, and invitations to key stakeholders, targeted media campaigns
● Support the 2021 Programming Collective on outreach with co-presenting partners, e.g. ticket giveaways, contesting, Images presence in co-presenters’ publicity materials
● Coordinate and develop Images Festival long leads in collaboration with the Operations Director
● Develop targeted story pitches and publicity for various aspects of festival programming (artist spotlight/s, On Screen, Off Screen, live performances, etc.)
● Work with Executive Director to oversee festival media announcement plan
● Coordinate and manage press interviews
● Coordinate and manage press package and media release dissemination
● Work within established programming budgets to establish fees for artists and presenters
● Develop and coordinate audience development strategies in collaboration with the Operations Director and Executive Director
● Assist with ad swap and placement schedule with the Executive Director
● Participate in the Festival post-mortem in May 2021
We are open to a wide range of applicants for this position. Individuals with training and expertise in communications, publicity, and digital marketing/social media will be given preference. Experience working in the arts or in artist-run centres will be considered an asset. People of various levels of experience—lived, educational, and professional—who feel they have the skills and competencies required to meaningfully contribute to this project are encouraged to apply. Given the remote nature of our current working conditions, applicants from outside of Toronto will be considered, but priority will be given to local candidates.
Images Festival is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an accessible festival and workplace, and continue to work to reduce the barriers to participation in our events and employment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, people who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, Racialized, and/or LGBTQ2S+. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a temporary, part-time contract position reporting to the Executive Director and Operations Director. The Communications Coordinator is expected to work between 21 - 28 hours per week from January 4 - May 7, 2021. The compensation for this position is $20.50 CAD per hour for approximately 462 hours, plus 4% vacation pay.
Interested applicants are asked to send a letter of interest outlining their relevant experience, and describing how their approach to communications and outreach can support Images Festival. Applicants should send a short CV with their application. Please send all files as a single PDF document. We ask that you please include your preferred pronouns, if any, with your application.
Please include where you saw this posting in your letter of interest.
* We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In situations with several qualified candidates, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.*